Friday, September 15, 2006

Pizza Friday

Seems like pizza is becoming our dinner of choice on Fridays. Not to pat myself on the back too hard, but I think I'm getting damn good at making a tasty slice.



I was looking for a change of scenery from the Buffalo Chicken Pizza of late, so I opted for a more traditional pie. We had a large can of whole fire roasted tomatoes, so I made a quick sauce using some minced garlic and olive oil, a pinch or two of salt and a sprinkling of sugar. Toppings included thickly sliced pepperoni, sliced black olives and shredded mozzarella. The best part - I've got enough sauce leftover for two more pies.

Here's a view of the pie, prebaked:

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Looks sooooo gooood.

    You know one day I will have to try this for myself.

    :)

    In the meantime I'm going to make a piza casserole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should try this! It's so easy....just buy premade dough from an Italian bakery, a pizza place or even the supermarket, choose your toppings and voila!

    Pizza stones are only $14.99 at Bed, Bath and Beyond and they come with a mini pizza peel, the stone, a pizza cutter and a rack for the stone. A GREAT deal!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!