Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Anniversary Dinner

Today is our third wedding anniversary. Since we celebrated with the fancy-schmancy dinner out on Saturday we decided to keep things low-key today with one of our favorite dinners:



... Shrimp with Ginger, Garlic and Scallions courtesy of Rachael Ray.

Our supermarket had shrimp on sale this week, but they were the small ones (I think 51-60 count). I didn't think that would matter, but there was something slightly off about the dish. All the flavors were there, but it lacked punch. SP thought it was because the small shrimp didn't get that nice crust the larger ones usually do. I think he was also more than a little put off by having to shell more than 100 tiny shrimp. When we buy the larger ones they usually come cleaned and shelled. Even if the shell is left on there's a slit down the back from the cleaning process so it's easy to remove. By the time I got home my poor husband said he'd been cleaning shrimp for almost an hour and a half. Yikes!

But I lit a candle, turned the light down low and we enjoyed dinner just the same. Happy Anniversary, honey!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!