Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve Dinner

We always have seafood for dinner on Christmas Eve and this year I decided to shake things up a bit.

We started with fried calamari:


... which were coated in flour seasoned with dried parsley, salt and pepper and then fried in vegetable oil. I also made a spicy marinara for dipping.

SP has been itching to grill, so for dinner we had grilled shrimp over couscous and a salad:


I marinated the shrimp in olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes and then skewered them for easy grilling. We have a charcoal grill and the smokey flavor was really great with the shrimp.

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!