Thursday, March 22, 2007

Broccoli Cheddar Soup

The latest issue of Cook's Country had a recipe for Broccoli Cheddar Soup that sounded like the perfect meal to eat at the tail end of winter, especially since it combines two of our favorite foods - broccoli and cheddar cheese.


I knew SP was skeptical about this meal, but it ended up tasting amazing. He had two bowls for dinner and would have had more if he wasn't eyeing up the last few brownies from earlier in the week. The soup had great broccoli flavor from the 1 1/2 pounds the recipe called for and it was nice and cheesey, with a slight kick from the cayenne pepper. Instead of lugging out the blender I used my immersion blender. Most of the soup ended up creamy and smooth, but there were some bits of broccoli that didn't get blended and those added a nice contrast.

I had planned to buy a baguette at the supermarket but it slipped my mind. As I was reheating the soup I was watching Rachael Ray make cheesey English muffins to go with a big pot of soup, so I defrosted two muffins, seperated and buttered them and topped them with some grated Pecorino. They were the perfect compliment to the soup.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!