Saturday, April 28, 2007

Pizza Friday

Pizza Friday returns with a pizza I've been dying to try ever since I first read about it on Messy Jessy's blog - Cheeseburger Pizza:


I couldn't find a decent recipe online so I had to improvise based on the menu description from a variety of pizza parlors and what Jessy was able to tell me about the sauce (mainly that it was a mixture of ketchup and mustard).

I started by cooking some roughly chopped bacon in a pan until it was crispy and then I added some finely chopped onion. Ground turkey went in next and once that was cooked through I seasoned the mixture with salt and pepper. Then came the ketchup and yellow mustard, which added a pleasant zing I wasn't expecting. To assemble the pizza I rolled out the dough and then slathered it with some more ketchup and mustard, followed by the ground turkey mixture. A combination of mozzarella and cheddar cheeses went on next, topped off with chopped scallions and tomatoes.

Honestly, I wasn't sure how I felt about this pizza. I love the way it looks, but I wasn't sure about the taste. I think it was just completely different from anything I'd ever eaten before. SP loved it, despite his initial misgivings. It wasn't bad and I'd definitely make it again, but I think it's something I'll need to get used to. There are two pieces leftover which I'm going to heat up for lunch so we'll see how I feel about it today.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!