Sunday, April 29, 2007

Sundays

Sundays are perfect for relaxing and my favorite way to relax and mentally prepare myself for the coming week is to cook. We had two leftover bananas and I'd been having a serious craving for banana bread, so I made a loaf:


We also had some ground turkey on hand so SP suggested spaghetti and meatballs. It's almost getting to be too warm for that kind of heavy Sunday meal so we enjoyed it while we still could.


I made the meatballs with the ground turkey, garlic, parsley, bread crumbs, eggs and grated Pecorino. I slow cooked a sauce all day and then I fried the meatballs in a little vegetable oil so they were seared on all sides before adding them to the sauce to finish cooking. The sauce was rich and thick with chunks of onion and garlic. We had half a baguette in the freezer so I made the traditional spaghetti and meatballs partner - garlic bread. I sprinkled some grated cheese on top and it got nice and toasty in the oven.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!