Friday, May 11, 2007

Pizza Friday

Tonight's Pizza Friday pizza really hit the spot. I could have easily eaten 4 slices, but I was good and only had 3.


For the toppings I used some slices of the turkey meatballs I had frozen a few weeks back when I made spaghetti and meatballs, sliced pepperoni and black olives. I loved the meatiness of the turkey meatballs and the flavor of the sauce that can only come from slow-cooking it with meatballs. The black olives added a nice zing and the pepperoni provided a slightly spicy note.

SP noticed that the pizza seemed to cook a lot quicker this time, despite the fact that I set the oven at 550 degrees like I've been doing since we moved here. He was wondering if the fact that the outside temperature has risen substantially would have any impact on the cooking time. Something to look in to.

For those who've been keeping up with the Fat Rabbit saga: when I got home this evening I opened the slider curtains and when I looked down I saw this teeny tiny baby bunny sitting about a foot away. In the time it took for me to turn around to see if my camera was downstairs he was gone, but I'm hoping he comes back soon so I can snap a picture. He was precious and probably could have fit in the palm of my hand.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!