Sunday, December 30, 2007

Spaghetti Carbonara

Two of my favorite Christmas gifts were a Calphalon 7-inch Santoku knife and an All-Clad 5-quart stainless steel saute pan. I've been dying to use both, but with all the craziness of the holidays I didn't have a chance to make a real dinner until Sunday. And what did I choose as my first meal - spaghetti carbonara, of course.


I used the new knife to cut the bacon into lardons and the onion into slices. You know a knife is sharp when you don't even have to use a slicing motion; just apply downward pressure and the knife does all the work. Fantastic. And the large surface area in the pan was perfect for cooking the bacon and onions, as well as tossing the pasta with the sauce.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. congrats on the knife - that's the same one I got when I moved and I love it! you know how I realized I finally had landed a good knife set? when I cut onions now I cry. that never happened to me before. :) it sucks cause it gets so bad I have to actually take a break sometimes, but at least I know I'm using good equipment.

    I never got to have carbonara before I left. it's still on my imminent "to cook" list.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!