Saturday, January 12, 2008

Cauliflower Mac & Cheese

The latest issue of Everyday with Rachael Ray has a kid-tested recipe for Cauliflower Mac & Cheese. I had a head of cauliflower that needed to be used up, so I figured I'd try it out:


I absolutely loved this dish. The cauliflower added something interesting and different to the regular noodles and cheese, the sauce had great flavor from the sharp cheddar and the Dijon mustard and it was really easy to make. SP also thought it was good, but he said it was a bit soupy. I didn't want to make too much of it since I didn't know if it would be good, so I cut the pasta in half, but left the sauce proportions alone. Next time I'll probably make my usual mac & cheese recipe and just add the cauliflower.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea. Looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie - It's a great way to get veggies into the meal, although I'm not sure how much nutritional value is left after covering them with cheese sauce. But I know I feel better knowing the cauliflower is there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. where did you get your original mac and cheese recipe from...it looked soooo much better.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!