Monday, June 30, 2008

Dinner with Friends

Our friends C & D came over for dinner on Sunday. I tried a new Ina Garten recipe - Caesar Club Sandwich:


It came together and photographed beautifully. But first let's talk about the antipasto platter our friends made:


... complete with lettuce, grape tomatoes, marinated artichokes, olives, cauliflower, rolled meat and cheese, roasted peppers and a tangy dressing. It was hard not to fill up on all the yummy vegetables. After the somewhat healthy antipasto we gorged on chicken wings:


This is only one of two plates of wings (one per couple). I just used Frank's for the sauce and cut up some celery for dipping in the blue cheese dressing. After all that food we were stuffed, so we watched a movie before digging into the sandwich. That's what I love about sandwiches - they can keep so if you aren't hungry yet, it's OK.


I made a few slight modifications to the sandwich - used boneless, skinless chicken breasts because that's what I had on hand, as well as regular bacon instead of the pancetta. And I left out the sundried tomatoes because I didn't think they really went with the sandwich. It was a great sandwich. Not too heavy or complicated, but the flavors really came together nicely. And it was easy.

After all that food we took a long walk, but we still didn't have room for dessert, which was a bummer since SP and I had gone back to Velvet Sky Bakery for more outrageous cupcakes:


This time we got three Peanut Butter Cup, two chocolate with colored sprinkles, one Peppermint Oreo and a Milk Chocolate. We gave one Peanut Butter Cup and one chocolate with sprinkles to my parents and we sent C & D home with the other chocolate with colored sprinkles and the Peppermint Oreo to enjoy later.
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a delicious dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber - It really was! A lot of food, but very good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at that sandwich makes me really, really happy. :D SAMMICH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Those cupcakes look really nice. Now I'm craving cupcakes lol

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!