Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Ladies Lunch

On Saturday I got together with Brooke, Colleen and Lauren for another ladies lunch. Lauren hosted this time and unfortunately Jenn and Katie couldn't make it, which was a huge bummer. The four of us ate a delicious brunch, starting with Colleen's chicken salad:


... that we made into mini sandwiches. Brooke brought a yummy tortellini pasta salad:


... with tortellini, olives, roasted red peppers, mozzarella and artichokes in a tomato vinaigrette. I decided to try to replicate a salad I love at a local restaurant and I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was. I combined mixed greens with mixed fruit (cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple and orange), blue cheese and walnuts:


... tossed with a homemade roasted tomato vinaigrette. Lauren, our gracious host, made delicious French toast stuffed with cream cheese, chocolate and sliced strawberries:


... topped with more strawberries and powdered sugar. Here's my plate on round one:


... and my side plate with a serving of the French toast:


I had two servings of everything, it was all so good. As always, we had a great time and I can't wait for the next lunch. Thanks for a great afternoon, ladies!
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. How fun! Everything looks delicious. I totally need to find some food blogging friends to do something like that with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still so jealous they all live near you and I don't. *Pout* ;)

    Everything looks good, and you know me, I'm all over the chicken salad. And good for you for replicating that salad so beautifully. Love that kind of success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous! I wish I had food blogging friends! Your Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette looks so yummy! Do you think it would work with Roasted Red Bell Peppers too? I love your creativity using all the fresh fruit!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!