Thursday, April 02, 2009

Pot Roast, Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans

Saturday night my parents came over for dinner and brought delicious pot roast, mashed potatoes and green beans:


The pot roast was from the Amish stand at a local farmers market. My mom made the fluffy, creamy, buttery mashed potatoes and since the supermarket didn't have any fresh green beans we experimented with Bird's Eye Steamfresh green beans. It seems simple - take the bag of beans from the freezer and microwave them in the bag for 5 minutes - but the end result was mushy beans with very little flavor. They were good in a pinch but it reminded me why fresh is usually better.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. Is there a better comfort food meal? I think not. I'm with you, too, on the fresh green beans.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!