Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Chicago - Day 2, Part 2: Dinner at Luna Caprese

On Saturday night we met up with the entire family at Luna Caprese. It was great to see everyone, especially because we got to share our good news with everyone in person. After the big announcement we got down to some serious eating. SP started with a Caesar salad:


... while I had the caprese with fresh tomato, mozzarella and basil:


I ordered the manicotti stuffed with ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan served in a marinara sauce:


Since my grandparents know the chef SP was able to make a special request for fettuccine alfredo with sliced sausage:


I snagged a bite and it was insanely rich and delicious, just the way alfredo should be. I asked my uncle if he'd mind me snapping a quick photo of his meal since it looked so appetizing. He ordered the Salmon Marechiaro, which was salmon with clams, mussels, and shrimp in a cherry tomato sauce:


I can't pass up tiramisu if it's on a menu so that's what I got for dessert:


My uncle had a nice, thick slice of apple pie ala mode:


An excellent meal all around.
Pin It!

1 comment:

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!