Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Recipe Swap - Bacon, Spinach and Goat Cheese Pasta

Want to see what other pasta dishes were made during the swap? Here is the link to the Pasta Recipe Swap Roundup.

Another week, another recipe swap. I'm enjoying these swaps so much, partly because I get to try new things and branch out from my comfort zone, but also because I like knowing that one or two meals a week are decided for me.

This week's cooking board swap theme was pasta. I'm in charge of this swap, which means I get to see all the recipes that are submitted. Since pasta is one of my favorite meals, I was really excited to see all the recipes. I got this one for Bacon, Spinach and Goat Cheese Pasta, which was actually a recipe Melissa got for a previous swap and liked so much she passed it on.


I was a little worried that SP wouldn't be a fan since he prefers pasta with a substantial sauce, but he loved it. I only made one change, which was to add a can of diced tomatoes. After reading the ingredient list I was worried it might be a little heavy and tomatoes always seem to lighten and brighten up a dish.

Bacon, Spinach and Goat Cheese Pasta

1 lb short-cut pasta
8 slices thick center cut bacon
1 bag baby spinach
1 15-oz can diced tomatoes, with juice
4 oz soft goat cheese, crumbled
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 pinch crushed red pepper
salt and pepper

Cook pasta according to directions on the box. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking water, and return to pot.

While pasta is cooking, cook bacon in a skillet until crisp, drain on paper towels and roughly chop.

Add spinach and diced tomatoes with juice to pasta and cover for 5 minutes to allow spinach to wilt. Add crumbled goat cheese, olive oil, lemon zest and crushed red pepper. Stir until the goat cheese is melted, thinning with pasta cooking water as needed. Add bacon and toss. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!