Tuesday, November 01, 2011

BBQ Chicken Ranch Salad

Another fantastic and easy meal from my friend who brought you Bow Ties with Sausage, Tomato and Cream and Ranch Pork Chops; this one is a hearty BBQ Chicken Ranch Salad that packs great flavor with minimal ingredients.


I really loved the combination of flavors in this salad. The tangy BBQ sauce, the cool Ranch dressing, the freshness of the cucumber, the spice from the red onion. Everything works so well together. I opted to top my salad with tortilla chips since we had some on hand, but I've seen other recipes that call for French's fried onions or even French fries. I picked up a rotisserie chicken at the supermarket before getting Baby Girl from daycare and the convenience can't be beat. My chicken wasn't BBQ because they didn't have any, so feel free to use whatever kind of roast chicken you like (or poach, grill, roast your own if you have the time).

BBQ Chicken Ranch Salad
As seen throughout the blogosphere

Spring Mix salad greens
1 BBQ roast chicken, shredded
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (I left these out because SP doesn't like beans)
1 can Mexicorn
1 cup shredded cheese (cheddar, Monteray Jack, pepper Jack)
1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
1/4 cup diced red onion
Crushed tortilla chips
BBQ sauce
Ranch dressing

Divide salad greens and toppings on 4 plates. Drizzle with BBQ sauce and Ranch dressing.

Click here to check out some more delicious salads.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Love the idea of using rotisserie chicken with salad for a fast meal. Thank you so much for linking to the salad recipe roundup!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!