Monday, November 07, 2011

Foodbuzz Tastemaker - Simply Potatoes

As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker program I recently received two coupons for free Simply Potatoes products. Our supermarket doesn't seem to carry many varieties of Simply Potatoes so I stuck with something simple and picked up a bag of shredded hash browns.


On a recent Sunday morning I thought I'd doctor these up for breakfast. I cooked the potatoes in a non-stick skillet with some oil and butter until they turned golden brown, then added some fresh chopped scallion and shredded cheddar cheese, salt and pepper. I served the hash browns alongside scrambled eggs and bacon for a delicious and hearty Sunday breakfast.


I certainly liked the convenience of Simply Potatoes, but like many people these days I'm wary of overly processed products. It doesn't take that much effort to peel and shred my own potatoes, but every once in awhile it's nice to just open a bag and start cooking.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!