Monday, March 05, 2012

Weekly Menu - Week of March 4, 2012


Yay for March!! I'm SO excited for Spring. Spring and Fall are my favorite seasons and I can't wait to shed winter coats for t-shirts. I'm also looking forward to being able to grill, for it staying light later in the evening (daylight savings time is next weekend...woohoo!)

This week's menu is a combination of winter and spring/summer dishes and I'm very excited about each and every one of them.

Sunday - Buttermilk Roast Chicken, mashed potatoes, Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Mushrooms and Cream: I can't believe how cheap chicken legs are. I also got a ton of Brussels sprouts from a farm that I needed to use, and this recipe sounds delicious.

Monday - Farfalle with Salsa Cruda: I can't wait for this taste of summer.

Tuesday - Date night! My exercise class is cancelled this week and I can't wait to spend some quality time with SP.

Wednesday - Grilled Chicken and Pineapple Quesadillas: We have a late appointment so these will be perfect to throw together before we leave the house.

Thursday - Orange and Rosemary Pork Tenderloin, mashed potatoes, broccoli: I've been thinking about this pork dish since the last time I made it. Yum!

Friday: Out for dinner: Now that I'm working from home by Friday I just need to get out and be with people. Plus we're out of pizza dough.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I need Brussels sprouts. It's been months. I've been thinking about the pork, too. :) Most siginifcantly, though, I'd love to know what you thought of the buttermilk roasted chicken. I wanted to try that the moment I saw it, but forgot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could send you the Brussels sprouts. I froze 3 pounds of them but we aren't in love with them. We'll either eat them or they'll go to the freezer graveyard. :)

      As for the chicken, it was good but it needed something. The post is coming up either later this week or early next week (can't remember when I scheduled it). The marinade was awesome and imparted great flavor, but the cooking method needed a little something. SP suggested grilling the legs after cooking, which I think is a great idea.

      Delete
  2. I wish you could, too! I usually roast mine, but Steve also went absolutely mad over a recipe from our friend Amy (the veryculinary gal) that pan roasted them in cast iron with molasses. Who knew? He loved them even more than I did.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!