Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Restaurant Knockoff - Baja Fresh Grilled Salsa

I've been wanting to make Nicole's recipe for Baja Fresh Grilled Salsa for years, I just needed a party with enough people to eat it all. When we decided to do a Mexican-themed dinner with our friends, it was the first thing I knew I wanted to make.

roasted salsa
Photo credit - T. Casey

This could not have been easier. I used my indoor grill pan to char the vegetables and then whirred them up in the food processor. I only used one jalapeno since I wanted this to be mild enough for the kids to enjoy, but unfortunately my jalapeno was pretty spicy. It was great for the grown-ups, though. We inhaled this. Initially SP had been more excited about the salsa fresca I also made but ended up loving this one more. It's positively delicious and I can't wait to make it again.

Baja Fresh Grilled Salsa
As seen on Prevention RD, adapted from My Bizzy Kitchen

2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, to coat
6 large tomatoes
1-3 jalapenos (1 for mild, 2 for medium, 3 for hot), stem removed
1 onion, peeled and quartered
4 cloves garlic, peeled
Couple handfuls cilantro
1 teaspoon salt
Juice of 1/2 lime

Pre-heat a grill or grill pan to medium heat. Coat the tomatoes, jalapenos, onion, and garlic in the olive oil.

Grill the vegetables until they are charred, but not falling apart.

Place the vegetables in the bowl of a food processor or blender. Add the cilantro, salt, and lime juice. Blend until smooth. Serve with your favorite tortilla chip.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!