Friday, October 13, 2006

Trying Broccoli Rabe Again

SP was a huge fan of the sausage with broccoli rabe I made last week, despite its bitterness. Since I had bought a ton of broccoli rabe at the store, I decided to use the rest to make the dish again this week.

Looks pretty much the same as last time:



... but this version was a lot less bitter. In fact, it wasn't bitter at all unless you happened to bite down on a huge chunk of the rabe.

I had two pots of boiling water on the stove - one to cook the broccoli rabe and the other for the pasta. And the water that I used to sauce the dish came from the pasta cooking water, not the rabe. It made a huge difference.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!