Sunday, November 19, 2006

Lemon-Chicken Schnitzel with Roasted Potatoes

My copy of the latest issue of Everyday with Rachael Ray came on Friday and I've already earmarked a few recipes I want to try.

Tonight's dinner of Lemon-Chicken Schnitzel with Roasted Potatoes was from the weekly menu planner section.



I also made green beans sauteed in oil with shallots, salt and pepper. The whole meal was great. The chicken was lightly coated with flour and cooked in butter and oil, which made the outside crispy and golden brown while keeping the chicken moist. Once the chicken was cooked I made a sauce using butter, lemon juice and zest and any flour remaining in the pan. It added a nice zing to the chicken. The roasted potatoes flavored with rosemary and scallions were crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. And green beans with shallots are always a favorite.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!