Monday, February 19, 2007

Mac & Cheese

Since I've been sick for the past few weeks I haven't been drinking much milk, but I keep buying some thinking I'll feel better and want to drink it. Last week we felt awful as we threw away amost an entire half gallon that had gone bad, so when another half gallon was on the verge of meeting the same fate this weekend I decided mac & cheese was in order.


I used my go-to recipe from Joy of Cooking, adding in a small chunk of grated Swiss and some Dijon for added flavor. I don't know if my tastebuds are still adjusting, but it tasted off to me. I think I used too much Dijon (at least that's what SP said). I also had a snack about an hour before we ate dinner so I wasn't particularly hungry last night. I'm going to have leftovers for lunch and I'm hoping to enjoy it more.

EDIT: The mac & cheese tasted much better today. Maybe it was because I was actually hungry or maybe the flavors mellowed a bit overnight, but the Dijon flavor was much less pronounced. Very tasty.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!