Friday, March 16, 2007

Catching Up

Yay! The photo problem has been resolved. Here's a quick recap of what we've been eating this week:

On Tuesday we enjoyed Beefed Up Biscuits:


... made with ground turkey, as always. The last time I made this dish SP asked for more cheese, so I added extra cheddar to the tops of the biscuits and also mixed some cheese into the turkey mixture as I was reheating it.

On Wednesday we had gorgeous weather so we decided to grill:


I marinated chicken breasts in garlic, oil, pepper and a special salt mix we bought at a food show. We then grilled the chicken and topped it with bacon and provolone cheese. For the finishing touch I slathered a homemade garlic and lemon mayo on both sides of the bun. SP liked the mayo but said the sandwich called for Dijon mustard so he added some to his sandwich.

Yesterday we were supposed to have spaghetti with the vegetable tomato sauce I made on Sunday, but we were so full from lunch that we ended up eating leftovers instead. I had met SP for lunch and I ordered the Cuban sandwich:


... with thick slices of slow-cooked pork, ham, Swiss cheese, pickles and garlic mayo on toasted Cuban bread. With the huge mound of fries that came with both our meals, we only ate half of our sandwiches (which worked out well as a snack later in the evening). I forgot to get a photo of SP's since we didn't eat at the same time.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!