Monday, March 05, 2007

Ropa Vieja Joses (Cuban Sloppy Joes)

On Friday I saw Rachael Ray make her version of ropa vieja in the form of Ropa Vieja Joses, or Cuban Sloppy Joes. Usually I don't condone her practice of morphing long, slow-cooked dishes into something completely different, despite her claim that the dishes have the same flavors. In my opinion, you cannot turn osso bucco into a soup, no matter how hard you try. This sandwich, however, looked pretty tasty so I thought I'd give it a whirl.


I subbed ground turkey for the beef and I didn't make the other dishes included in the recipe. The sandwich was tasty and certainly easy enough to make, but the flavors didn't wow me. I was hoping for something with more oomph.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man! I was expecting a grand review of this. Another Rachael dud. Blah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I was hoping for one, too. :(

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!