Sunday, May 13, 2007

Dinner with C & T

Even though Cinco de Mayo was last weekend we kept up the Mexican theme for dinner last night with C and T, who are both huge Mexican food fans. I decided to do a trio of meats for make-your-own-fajitas along with salsa and guacamole for noshing while we enjoyed cocktails.


For the fajitas I marinated shrimp in lime and lemon juices, olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper then threaded them onto skewers for easier grilling:


I also marinated the chicken and skirt steak with lemon and lime juices, oil, garlic and for the steak, some ground cumin and coriander:


All the meats were grilled to impart that smokey flavor. We also had some chorizo in the freezer so I grilled two links of that as well.


Salsa, sour cream, guacamole and grated cheddar were available for dressing the fajitas:


... along with sauted peppers and onions that I slow-cooked in a skillet until they were nice and tender.

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. That dinner looks absolutely awesome! I love chorizo too, that would have been delicious. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie - the quesadillas I made the next day using some of the chorizo and the shrimp...YUM!!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!