Sunday, December 30, 2007

Reubens

I didn't feel much like cooking after the craziness of the holidays, so SP suggested Reubens. I picked up corned beef, rye bread and coleslaw from the supermarket and assembled the sandwiches when SP got home from work.


I made mine by toasting the rye bread and slathering a thick coat of Russian dressing (made by combining ketchup, mayo and relish) on both pieces of bread, then layering the corned beef and coleslaw on top:


I also cooked up some fries on my pizza stone:


They were perfectly crisp and I kept it simple - just salt, pepper and a touch of oil. I think next time I'll leave off the oil and they'll be even better.

For SP's sandwich I didn't toast the bread before layering the corned beef, coleslaw and Russian dressing. He had his open-faced, topped with four slices of Swiss cheese. He ran the sandwich under the broiler to melt the cheese and ate his with a knife and fork:

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I'm drooling, THC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want SP's with all that cheeeeeese. damn, that rhymed hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!