Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Turkey Dinner

On Sunday we were both in the mood for a homey, comforting meal so we defrosted the turkey breast we got during the Thanksgiving promotion at our supermarket. I roasted it in a 350-degree oven for about 2 hours, seasoned only with salt, pepper and butter. It came out perfect - moist, juicy and full of savory turkey flavor. Finally, no undertone of sweetness. I'm keeping it simple from now on.


I served it with mashed potatoes made only with Plugra, salt and pepper, steamed broccoli and cranberry sauce. SP felt like making biscuits so he threw these together while the turkey finished cooking. We loved the flavor but thought the biscuits were way too small. SP is now on a mission to create the perfect biscuit. I'll keep you posted.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. What's Plugra?

    (I'm Canadian. We need help.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoot - Plugra is a European butter. It has a higher fat content so it has a more buttery flavor then regular butter. It's really, really good!

    http://www.kellerscreamery.com/our-brands/plugra/

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!