Sunday, June 15, 2008

Spaghetti Carbonara

SP was out with his brothers and nephews last night, so after working a long day getting ready for my work conference I decided I needed comfort food. In my world, that means spaghetti carbonara:


My coworker mentioned putting basil in her carbonara, so since I have a beautiful basil plant right in my backyard I decided to give it a try. I love the richness of the bacon and the onions and the basil added a nice sweetness that made this unlike any carbonara I've had before. It was good, but I don't think it's something I'll add all the time.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I need to make this again. No basil for me either though, at least not in this dish.

    And I can't believe you got sick again! :( Hope you're 100% now.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!