Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Fettuccine Alfredo with Sausage, Onions and Peas

I have a lot of hot Italian sausage in the freezer and no real idea of what to do with it so I looked back through my blog for inspiration. I found this post for Linguine with Sausage, Onions and Peas and decided that sounded like a good plan for dinner last night:


I got home late last night so this ended up being a great meal choice since it took almost no time at all to cook. I'd already cut the onion a few weeks ago when I made the caramelized onion orzo, so I didn't even have to chop anything. While the pasta water came to a boil I cooked the sausage and onions, then added cream and chicken stock, simmered that until it thickened, added about a cup of peas and the pasta and tossed to combine. I love easy meals like this.
Pin It!

12 comments:

  1. That picture is making my mouth water. I never think to use sausage in fettucine. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmm sausage mmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! You could have made Salisbury Sausage Steak!


    mmmmmm Salisbury Sausage Steak mmmmmm


    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love quick meals like this! I'd have to leave out the peas as my family isn't too crazy about them (I love them, though!). Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love quick and easy too!! Don't we all. Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love sausage and don't think I've ever had it in alfredo, but that looks delicious and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quick and easy..and tasty! The best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This pasta is quick and easy? It looks amazing. All of my favorite flavors! Bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Melissa - Fettuccine alfredo with sausage is a huge hit in our house, but I like this too because of the onions and peas. :)

    longhair - Ha! You crack me up.

    Patsyk - Quick meals are a huge hit in our house. I need to make more of them...even when I prep ingredients over the weekend I find it makes cooking during the week even more enjoyable.

    Judy - You're quite welcome! :)

    foodhoe - Sausage with alfredo is great...definitely give it a try sometime. Most restaurants will even make it for you if you ask. But make sure you get sliced sausage and not crumbled - it makes a world of difference!

    Maria - Definitely!

    RecipeGirl - Thanks! It's definitely a winner everytime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I`ll have to try this recipe sometime! It looks delicious and so simple.

    I always chop extra veggies and freeze them. It`s an amazing time saver, and if my boyfriend just wants a few green peppers for his eggs, it prevents waste!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks good...can I leave out the peas?

    ReplyDelete
  12. emilyrena - Thanks! I love prepping ahead of time. :)

    Julie - Absolutely!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!