Sunday, November 09, 2008

Pasta with Mixed Mushrooms and Thyme

As regular readers know, SP is a huge fan of mushrooms. The latest issue of Everyday Food had a recipe for Pasta with Mixed Mushrooms and Thyme, so I decided to make it for dinner on Wednesday.


When a recipe calls for mixed mushrooms I usually cheap out and use only regular white mushrooms, but this time I thought we should go all out, especially since the recipe said the dried porcini added a very important, complex flavor. It was definitely worth it - the shitake, white button mushrooms and porcini all came together to make a fantastic, earthy sauce. SP loved it, of course, so I'll definitely be making this one again.
Pin It!

4 comments:

  1. I love mushrooms, I'll be sure to look for that recipe in the magazine since it turned out so well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love mushrooms. This is such a great pasta dish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm definitely guilty of doing the same thing - when I recipe calls for mixed I just buy crimini and that's it, often presliced. I really should go all out one of these days, I imagine, as you said, that the difference is really noticeable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patsyk - It was really good! If you make it let me know.

    Katie - Aren't mushrooms the best? Yum!

    Melissa - I always think, "ehh...mushrooms are all the same" but they really aren't. The porcini added such an amazingly earthy flavor I can't imagine this dish being as complex without them.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!