Friday, November 28, 2008

Roast Chicken Breasts, Potato Gratin and Broccoli

I've been craving potato gratin and we had plenty of split chicken breasts in the freezer so I decided to do a version of a roast chicken dinner on Sunday:


I love this potato gratin recipe:


It's so simple to make but it tastes amazing. SP and I could eat the entire dish in one sitting if we didn't restrain ourselves. I always think about making a double batch but that would probably be a bad idea. I wanted to make sure the chicken had a lot of flavor so I made an herb butter to rub under the skin:


I combined rosemary, thyme and parsley with softened butter and then I salt and peppered the chicken before rubbing it with the butter. The breasts cooked for about 45 minutes in the oven while the gratin was cooking. I steamed some broccoli and dinner was served.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. The chicken looks beautiful. How very autumn.

    I still have not made gratin of any sort, isn't that crazy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa - Thanks! I loved the herb butter. And the gratin...holy cow, woman, you NEED to make this potato gratin. If you like potatoes and creamy things then you will LOVE this recipe.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!