Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Eggplant Rollatini and Caesar Salad

I know I say it a lot, but I love freezer meals. I love making something on a weekend when I have plenty of time, freezing it and then taking it out on a weeknight. All the casserole dishes in my freezer are like little treasures to me. Freezing meals lets us enjoy something like eggplant rollatini on a Monday.


I was in the mood for red sauce so I took the rollatini I made earlier this month out to defrost on Sunday. When I got home on Monday I simply preheated the oven and cooked it covered for 30 minutes to warm through.


We loved the Caesar salad from Saturday so much that I made another batch of dressing and we had more salad with the rollatini:


I will never buy bottled Caesar again. It's so easy to make at home and I like knowing exactly what's in it.
Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. I love eggplant rollatini and yours looks delicious! I wish I had a second freezer so I could do what you do and make some meals ahead of time. It's so nice sometimes to come home from work and not have to worry about preparing a meal from scratch...but still have something homemade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks SO good! I love eggplant. I've bookmarked it and am definitely going to make this.
    I've just spent the past hour looking through your blog and loving your recipes. :) I'm adding you to my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!