Thursday, April 30, 2009

Florentine Turkey Meatballs

I used the other half of the package of ground turkey to make Florentine Turkey Meatballs, which I served over egg noodles:


I'm not sure what happened but this version wasn't as good as it usually is. I think I usually use ground turkey breast and this was a mix of dark and white meat, which probably contributed to the texture and taste difference. The cheese sauce was also off, runnier and less cheesy then usual. When SP was at the store he called to tell me they only sold 8-ounce packages of the grated Italian cheese blend and the recipe called for 10 ounces. I figured two ounces wouldn't make much of a difference but the sauce definitely needed more cheese. Oh well...live and learn.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Although it didn't taste quite as good as you hoped, it does look delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!