Thursday, May 21, 2009

Shells & Cheese with Chicken and Broccoli

Since I was dealing with evening sickness, making dinner became a chore during the first trimester. If you've read my blog for any length of time you know that I'm not a fan of most convenience foods. I prefer to make my own from scratch since I can control the ingredients. But when I could barely stand the smell of food, not to mention my energy level had plummeted, I turned to convenience food more times then I care to admit just so we'd have something to eat that wasn't takeout. One day at the store we saw Pasta Roni on sale so we bought two boxes of the shells and cheese. To stretch it into a meal I added cooked chicken and broccoli:


Shockingly, we really enjoyed this meal. I was pleasantly surprised to taste actual cheese flavor. And the sauce thickened nicely, tasting more homemade then the other boxed stuff I've tried. I made both boxes (they're only 12 ounces each) so we'd have enough for leftovers. Simple and pretty darn tasty.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. This is my best friend's go to meal when she doesn't want to cook or do takeout, just from being exhausted. She made it for us once when we spent the night out there (she lives an hour and a half away, so we stay over if we go) after we were all drunk at 2 AM and it was GOOD. Haha. She added broccoli and sausage. Oddly enough, just looking at your photo, I kind of want to go buy a box. :P

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!