Monday, August 03, 2009

BBQ Chicken Dinner

My apologies - I'm so far behind it's overwhelming.

We invited our friends C & D over for a cookout back in early July. SP's been craving barbecued chicken so I boiled a cut-up chicken and some chicken thighs and finished them on the grill, basting with BBQ sauce:


He's also been asking for my corn fritters so I made a double batch of those:


Just look at that delicious golden-brown color and crispy edges:


These were sweet and addictive. I think D had about 5 or 6. SP made his drop biscuits:


...which are always yummy and buttery. C & D brought a delicious strawberry shortcake for dessert:

Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. This meal is mouth watering. Will you share your fritter recipe? They look so delicious--I love the big plump corn kernels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those corn fritters look really delicious and so golden, yum!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!