Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Roast Pork from DiNic's (and other Reading Terminal Market goodies)

My mom and I went to the Philadelphia Flower Show at the beginning of the month. While we enjoy the gorgeous flower arrangements as we celebrate the unofficial start of spring, our real reason for loving the flower show is going across the street to Reading Terminal Market for lunch. This year I decided I wanted a sandwich from DiNic's. I ordered the roast pork with provolone and greens (choice of spinach or broccoli rabe - I chose the rabe):


It was amazing. Simply amazing. The pork was incredibly flavorful, the rabe wasn't bitter and the juices that soaked into the bread made this addictive. My mom wasn't even hungry and she ate a few bites. After eating the sandwich we were in the mood for something sweet but we were both stuffed so we picked up some cupcakes from Flying Monkey to take home.


Top row: peanut butter plaid, bottom row: boozy butter pecan and pumpkin spice:


I tried half the peanut butter and half the butter pecan and while both were good, they weren't something I'd have again, not when there's utterly amazing bread pudding with whiskey sauce to be had at Beck's Cajun Cafe. They'll give you free samples of anything they make - score!
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Eating at the Reading Terminal Market is my favorite thing about a trip to Philadelphia, too!!

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!