Thursday, March 15, 2012

FoodBuzz Tastemaker: Activia Yogurt

Recently I was chosen by FoodBuzz to host a brunch featuring Activia's new Harvest Picks Yogurt. I received coupons for free yogurt and was tasked with hosting a brunch to complement the yogurt. I was very excited for this promotion because I absolutely love brunch and it's been awhile since I cooked a big meal for company.


My supermarket carries three flavors of the Harvest Picks - strawberry, peach and cherry. I bought each flavor so my guests and I could try the different varieties. I also got fresh fruit (strawberries, bananas and blueberries), as well as granola, to mix in.


We all decided the yogurt would work well as a sweet treat at the end of the meal, which also featured Make Ahead Scrambled Eggs (recipe coming soon), hash browns, bagels with cream cheese and lox, and bacon. I figured the healthy properties of the yogurt and fruit counteract the bacon and I only had one piece.




I opted to try the strawberry yogurt mixed with granola and additional strawberries and blueberries:


I'd never had Activia before and I enjoyed the Harvest Picks. We have quite a few leftover so we'll be eating more throughout the coming weeks. I looked around the Activia website and saw that Activia contains the live probiotic culture Bifidus Regularis® (Bifidobacterium lactis DN-173 010) to help naturally regulate your digestive system when consumed daily for two weeks as part of a balanced diet and healthy lifestyle. I'm sure many of you have seen the commercials featuring Jamie Lee Curtis. Check out the website for more information about Activia.

Disclosure: I have partnered with Dannon to help promote Activia Harvest Picks Yogurt. I have been compensated for my time commitment to review Activia Harvest Picks Yogurt. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!