Sunday, July 01, 2012

Weekly Menu - Week of July 1, 2012


July 1. How the heck did that happen? I hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far. We haven't been down the shore nearly enough yet, but I'm hoping to remedy that soon with another trip down to soak up the sun and the cool sea breeze. Not to mention a delicious breakfast at our favorite spot.

I'm excited about all the dishes on this week's menu. I'm also excited about having Wednesday off to celebrate July 4th with my family and friends. Have a safe and happy week!

Saturday - I'm making this Creamy Macaroni Salad to bring to our friend's house. We'll eat lunch, the kids will play, we'll go for a swim. It's going to be glorious (although by the time you see this we'll have already been there and back. Ah, the power of scheduling posts).

Sunday - I wanted a simple dinner so I'll take the opportunity to make my swap meal for the Vegetarian swap.

Monday - I loved these Hawaiian Chicken Sandwiches so much I had to make them again. I'll serve them with oven fries.

Tuesday - My exercise class is on a break this week due to the holiday. I'll make another meal from the recent issue of Cook's Country (this one is premium content so I can't link to it) - Skillet Penne with Chicken and Broccoli. I love a good one-pot meal.

Wednesday - Celebrating the 4th of July with friends. We'll have the usual burgers, hot dogs and I want to use up 4 chicken legs in the freezer so we'll boil them on the stove, slather them with BBQ sauce and finish them on the grill. I'm also going to make this Antipasti Pasta Salad (adding in some provolone and artichoke hearts), as well as this Cantaloupe and Mozzarella with Proscuitto and Basil salad.

Thursday - These BLT wraps will be perfect after yesterday's busy day. I'll serve the leftover sides from July 4th alongside.

Friday - Out for dinner to celebrate the end of the work week!
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!