Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Pulled Pork Flatbread Pizzas

The last time Steve made pulled pork, we had some left over. I'd had this idea of making flatbread pizzas in the back of my mind for a while, so I squirreled it away in the freezer for another time. That time finally came last week. I even had some leftover BBQ from our favorite spot, Sweet Lucy's in Philly.

Pulled pork pizzas

I wasn't planning to blog these, but I posted photos on my personal Facebook page and on Instagram. I had a few people ask me for the recipe, so I promised I'd throw this blog post together. This is more of a method than a recipe. I don't have measurements and I've never blogged the pulled pork recipe Steve uses, so I hope what little I've got for you guys below will work for those who asked!

Pulled Pork Flatbread Pizzas

Butter
6 flatbreads or naan
Leftover pulled pork
Your favorite BBQ sauce
Grated Monterey Jack cheese
Grated mozzarella cheese
Thinly sliced red onion
Fresh cilantro, minced

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

Butter both sides of the flatbreads. Heat a grill or grill pan over medium heat. Add the flatbreads and cook, turning occasionally, until each side is browned and slightly crispy. Remove to a baking sheet and repeat with the remaining flatbreads.

Mix the pulled pork with some BBQ sauce, to taste.

Sprinkle some Monterey Jack and mozzarella on each flatbread. Divide the pulled pork evenly among the flatbread. Top each with some of the sliced red onion, followed by more of the cheeses.

Put the baking sheet in the oven and cook until the cheese melts, about 10 minutes. Remove from the oven, sprinkle each pizza with fresh cilantro and cut into pieces. Serve immediately.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. This looks heavenly! I never would have thought of putting pork on a pizza, but this looks delicious. Flatbread pizza is one of my favorite meals, and my family all loves it too. We are always looking for some new ideas, and I think we just found one. I'm going to be giving this a try for sure!


    http://embellishmints.com/category/recipes/

    ReplyDelete

I've been told there are issues with comments going through. After you comment, you should see the following message: "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval." If you don't see a message it means the comment didn't go through. Please try commenting again! I'm sorry!